Saturday 8 June 2013

Pink and Yellow

Since my last, admittedly half-arsed post the weather has remained fair, passage migrants non-existent and breeding birds very much existent! Most stuff here now has eggs with a few minding chicks and a minority such as Rock Pipit actually fledging young already!

Classic views of a Rock Pipit incubating...think she's seen me...

As well as the breeding birds, the breeders to be have been putting on a mind-blowing display of pinks and off-whites, floral stonk!







Even if they weren't rare, I'd still love them, just stunning.

And finally after all these subtle shades, fork lengths and crippled spooning, I give you some gaudy colour to offset the Roseates. I woke up somewhat later than the 6am starts of late (as today is my day off, hence the time to blog!), to breaking news of a 'Willow Warbler' with dark legs in the Info Centre..marching down I began fantasising about rare southern Phyllosc's brought up by these warm SE winds, although I had a feeling I knew what this bird was going to be. Entering Info the bird lumbered against a window, Icky!! I dutifully landed allowing me to absorb the features required for confirmation and chased it out to get feeding, it had come a long way after all!


As you can see, it was in good condition, but the panting was disturbing, a sure sign of stress and fatigue. Fingers crossed it'll re-surface this afternoon and entertain us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment